How to sign up to SystmOnline - Online Services
To use our online servcies you will need to complete our Online Services registration form. and return it to the practice along with some identification. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statement
- Utility Bill
If you do not have any of the above please speak to a member of staff. Please note that existing online users will be asked provide identification if they wish to access their medical records online.
Before you apply for online access to your record, there are some other things to consider:
- Forgotten history - There may be something you have forgotten about in your record that you might find upsetting.
- Abnormal results or bad news - If your GP has given you access to test results or letters, you may see something that you find upsetting to you. This may occur before you have spoken to your doctor or while the surgery is closed and you cannot contact them.
- Choosing to share your information with someone - It's up to you whether or not you share your information with others - perhaps family members or carers. It's your choice, but also your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure.
- Coercion - If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time.
- Misunderstood information - Your medical record is designed to be used by clinical professionals to ensure that you receive the best possible care. Some of the information within your medical record may be highly technical, written by specialists and not easily understood. If you require further clarification, please contact the surgery for a clearer explanation.
- Information about someone else - If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible.
The practice has the right to remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly.
For more information about keeping your healthcare records safe and secure, you will find a helpful leaflet produced by the NHS in conjunction with the British Computer Society: Keeping your online health and social care records safe and secure.