How to sign up to SystmOnline - Online Services
To use our online servcies you will need to complete our Online Services registration form. and return it to the practice along with some identification. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statement
- Utility Bill
If you do not have any of the above please speak to a member of staff. Please note that existing online users will be asked provide
identification if they wish to access their medical records online.
Before you apply for online access to your record, there are some other things to consider:
- Forgotten history - There may be something you have forgotten about in your record that you might find upsetting.
- Abnormal results or bad news - If your GP has given you access to test results or letters, you may see something that
you find upsetting to you. This may occur before you have spoken to your doctor or while the surgery is closed and you cannot contact
- Choosing to share your information with someone - It's up to you whether or not you share your information with others
- perhaps family members or carers. It's your choice, but also your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure.
- Coercion - If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against
your will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time.
- Misunderstood information - Your medical record is designed to be used by clinical professionals to ensure that you
receive the best possible care. Some of the information within your medical record may be highly technical, written by specialists and
not easily understood. If you require further clarification, please contact the surgery for a clearer explanation.
- Information about someone else - If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors,
please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible.
The practice has the right to remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly.
For more information about keeping your healthcare records safe and secure, you will find a helpful leaflet produced by the NHS in
conjunction with the British Computer Society: Keeping your online health and social care records safe and secure.
How to use SystmOnline
Norton Medical Centre
Tel: 01642 745350
Monday to Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Please use our Online Consultation Service to contact us online for an appointment or for queries by using our eConsultation link
From Monday 27th November, our eConsultation service and telephone lines will both open from 8.30am.
The practice is closed on Thursdays between 12 noon and 2:00pm for staff training.
We are occasionally closed for training sessions, please see separate notices in the surgery and on the website for specific dates.
Closure dates can be viewed with our Opening Hours Page along with opening times.
Out of Hours
When the practice is closed call 111 for medical help or visit Out of Hours
Call 999 for Health Emergencies